St Etheldreda's Church, Hatfield
|St Etheldreda's Church|
The church from the churchyard.
View, from the south east showing the south transept, nave, and tower.
|Parish of Bishop’s Hatfield St Etheldreda with St Luke|
|Bishops Hatfield Team Ministry, Fr. Darren Collins, Rector.|
St Etheldreda's is the
The church stands at the top of a hill with Old Hatfield village centre to the west. The building material is largely
Historically the church had a steeple on top of the west tower and this is shown in many early illustrations. It was last re-erected in 1847 to commemorate the visit to the town of
There are eight bells in the tower which now form a
There are many memorials, the oldest being a knight in armour of about 1160.