Saint Andrew's is the largest parish in Grenada. The main town is Grenville, which is also Grenada's second largest town after St George's. Grenville is also known as La Baye (its former French name).
In 1650's the French named the parish Morne de Combat and it was part of the French Territories. Marquis was the first Parish Capital from 1795 to 1796, Grenville became capital of Saint Andrew's in 1796.