Muros de Nalón
This article has multiple issues. Please help or discuss these issues on the(
|Muros de Nalón|
Town Hall of Muros de Nalón
| • ||María del Carmen Arango Sánchez (|
|• Total||8.09 km2 (3.12 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||131 m (430 ft)|
|• Density||240/km2 (630/sq mi)|
| • Summer (|
Muros de Nalón (
Two important buildings in the municipality are the Palace of Valdecarzana and Vallehermoso and the Church of Santa María. It is possible to watch a panoramical view of the Asturian coast from the Mirador del Espíritu Santo.
Before the 19th century Muros de Nalón's history were tied to the municipalities of
On 14 April 1847, Muros de Nalón was constituted as a Municipality separated of Pravia. At this time, it was known locally as 'Muros", ""Muros de Nalón"" or "Muros de Pravia' however on 27 June 1916 it adopted the office name of Muros de Nalón by a Royal Decree.
The 19th century brought major changes, and in the
In 1916 the City acquired the new official name Muros de Nalón. In September 1934, prior to the outbreak of Spanish civil war, the ship Vapor Turquesa landed a large cargo of weapons that were supposed to be sent to Ethiopia. These weapons remaining permanently in Asturias caused numerous problems during the Civil War.
In Muros de Nalón, the Civil War broke a day later than other areas of Asturias. After the