|Elevation||180 m (590 ft)|
| • Summer (|
Known since the XV century in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania as the center of the volost of the same name. At the beginning of the 16th century, belonged to Albrecht Gashtol'd. After the death of his son Stanislav in 1542 the city passed to the widow of the latter, Barbara Radziwill, who in 1547 married the heir to the Polish throne, bringing to him the numerous possessions of the Gashtol'ds. On April 10, 1572, Sigismund II Augustus transferred the town to the castellan of Vilna, Jan Ieronimovich Khodkevich. His son, the hetman, the great Lithuanian Jan Karol Khodkevich, built there in place of a small wooden castle a new stone castle of bastion type according to the most modern European models of that time. The castle was repeatedly unsuccessfully besieged by Ukrainian Cossacks and insurgent peasants. In 1635, the castle and the city passed into the possession of Sapieh.
During the Russo-Polish War of 1654-1667. troops of A. N. Trubetskoy in 1655 burned the city, but did not dare to besiege the castle. In 1660 the Russian voevod Ivan Andreevich Khovansky was unable to take the fortress.
During the Northern War in 1706, the castle, defended by the Cossacks, was handed over to the Swedes after a long siege and partially destroyed.
In 1760-1775, the city and the partly destroyed castle belonged to the Bishop of Vilnius Ignatius of Masala, and then by a decision of the diet (sejm) passed into the possession of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
Lyakhovichi was part of the Novgrudok povet (county), and from 1791 to the Sloucheretsk povet. Since 1793, part of the Russian Empire, a township and the center of the volost of Slutsk district. In 1897 the population of Liakhovichi was 5,016 people.
In the years 1655-1760, the famous Belynich Icon of the Mother of God was in Lyakhovichi.
During the First World War it was near the front lines. In 1918, occupied by the Germans, in 1919-1920 by the Poles. In the 1921-1939. it was part of Poland, a city in the Baranovichi povet (county).
Since 1939, part of the BSSR (Byelorussian SSR) and since January 15, 1940 the district center. In 1939 there were 5,100 inhabitants.