Lamboing village and surrounding fields
|• Total||9.1 km2 (3.5 sq mi)|
|Elevation||820 m (2,690 ft)|
|Population (Dec 2011)|
|• Density||75/km2 (190/sq mi)|
The proposed merger of the municipalities of
Lamboing is first mentioned in 1179 as Lamboens though this document is thought to be a forgery from the late 12th Century. In 1235 it was mentioned as Lamboens.
The noble de Lamboing family was first mentioned in a document from 1255. But very little is known about this family. In 1423 the de Vaumarcus family were given the village as a