Great Queen Street
This article needs additional citations for
Great Queen Street is a street in the
The street was called "Queen Street" from around 1605–9, and "Great Queen Street" from around 1670.
In 1646 William Newton was given permission to build fourteen large houses, each with a forty-foot frontage, on the south side of the street. Although he did not build all the houses himself, selling on some the plots, they were constructed to a uniform design, in a classical style, with