Galleria Estense

Galleria Estense
Palazzo dei Musei.jpg
Palace of Musei
Established 1884
Location Largo Porta Sant'Agostino, 337
41121 Modena, Italy
Coordinates 44°38′55″N 10°55′18″E / 44°38′55″N 10°55′18″E / 44.6485; 10.9216
Type Art museum, Historic site
Website Official website
Nativity with the Two Midwives by Pellegrino Aretusi, ca. 1500.

The Galleria Estense or Estense Gallery is an art museum in Modena, with mainly Italian paintings from the 14th to the 18th century, formed around the collection of the House of Este, rulers of Modena (1288–1796). It is located on the upper floor of the Palazzo dei Musei, on the St. Augustine square, a building from the late 18th century. It was opened in 1884.


Madonna Campori by Correggio
Other Languages
Esperanto: Galleria Estense
français: Galleria Estense
português: Galleria Estense
slovenščina: Estejeva galerija