Estadio Ramón de Carranza
|Full name||Estadio Ramón de Carranza|
|Location||Plaza de Madrid, s/n|
|Field size||106 m × 68 m (348 ft × 223 ft)|
|Opened||3 September 1955|
|Renovated||1984 and 2003–2012|
|Architect||Manuel Muñoz Monasterio|
Estadio Ramón de Carranza is a
The stadium was inaugurated 3 September 1955. With a total of 15,000 spectators, the stadium built with an oval shape included a 400-metre athletics track between the pitch and the stands. The inaugural match was played against
The first rebuilding of the stadium took place in 1984, over the course of 4 months the main stand was demolished and rebuilt and the other stands were redesigned, at the same time the athletics track was removed and the pitch was moved closer to the stands. The rebuilt stadium included a roof over the main stand. The stadium capacity after the first rebuilding was 23,000.
The second rebuilding of the stadium took place between 2003 and 2012 when all four stands were demolished and rebuilt starting with the south stand (Fondo Sur) and the east stand (Preferente) between 2003 and 2005. Then the north stand (Fondo Norte) was rebuilt between 2006 and 2008. The last stand to be rebuilt was the main stand (Tribuna) which is the largest one with 8,281 seats and thus far the only one with a roof, the construction took place between 2009 and 2012.
The new stadium with a total capacity of 25,033 spectators has a total built up area of 94,938 square metres, it includes 31,555 m² of underground parking for around 900 cars under the four stands, commercial areas located throughout the stadium totaling 23,349 m², and 28,714 m² are used for a hotel located in the main stand. The total cost of the rebuilding was €68 million, all paid for with public funds.