Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy

Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy
โรงเรียนนายร้อยพระจุลจอมเกล้า
CRMA Badge.jpg
Emblem of Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy
TypeMilitary academy
Established5 August 1887
FounderKing Rama V
AffiliationThailand
SuperintendentLt. Gen. Sitthipol Chinsamran
Location,

Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy (CRMA) (Thai: โรงเรียนนายร้อยพระจุลจอมเกล้า, Rongreiyn nayroy phra chulachomklao or รร.จปร.) is the military academy of Royal Thai Army (RTA). Established in 1887[1] it has graduated the majority of Thailand's military leaders, many of whom have become Thai prime ministers. The academy has an intense training program. There are about 200 cadets in each class.

History

CRMA was founded on 5 August 1887 by King Chulachomklao, King Rama V, also known as King Chulalongkorn. It was originally called the Royal Military Academy. On 1 January 1948, it was merged with the Royal Thai Army Polytechniques Institute, under the new name Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy in the honor of King Chulachomklao.

Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy was originally in the precinct of Saranrom Palace in Bangkok, where it remained for 77 years. In 1909 the academy was moved to Ratchadamnoen Nok Avenue in Bangkok. On 10 July 1986, it moved to its new sprawling complex at Khao Cha-ngoke, Mueang District of Nakhon Nayok Province, 140 km northeast of Bangkok.