Chapel of the Most Holy Trinity (West Point)

West Point Catholic Chapel
Chapel of the Most Holy Trinity
West Point Catholic Chapel.JPG
West Point Catholic Chapel, the Chapel of the Most Holy Trinity
41°23′39.86″N 73°57′46.52″W / 41°23′39.86″N 73°57′46.52″W / 41.3944056; -73.9629222
LocationUnited States Military Academy
West Point, New York
CountryUnited States
DenominationWebsite
History
StatusChurch
Founded1899
Founder(s)Monsignor Cornelius O'Keefe
Dedicated1900
Consecrated1900
Architecture
Functional statusActive
StyleGothic Revival
Completed1900
Administration
ArchdioceseMilitary Services, USA
Clergy
Priest(s)Father Wood (d. 2014)
Pastor(s)CH (MAJ) Sean Magnuson
Chaplain(s)CH (COL) Matthew Pawlikowski
(USMA chaplain)
Laity
Director of musicEmily Lapisardi

The Chapel of the Most Holy Trinity at the United States Military Academy is a Catholic church and place of worship for many members of the United States Military Academy Corps of Cadets. Completed in 1900, it is the oldest chapel on the West Point campus in continual use,[1] although the 1836 Old Cadet Chapel, moved in 1910 to West Point Cemetery, is still in use for funeral services and weekly Lutheran denominational services. Most Holy Trinity Chapel was expanded in 1959.[2]

Other Languages