Buckinghamshire Railway Centre
|Owner||Quainton Railway Society (Some land leased from
|Public transit access||
Buckinghamshire Railway Centre is a
In 1962, the London Railway Preservation Society was formed. It bought a series of former London Underground vehicles and collectables, and holds the largest collection of
While other closed stations on the former MR lines north of
The station was maintained in working order, used as a bookshop and ticket office.
 The extensive sidings were still intact, and although disconnected from the mainline in 1967,
 were used for locomotive restoration work.
 The Society eventually restored the main station building to its 1900 appearance, renaming the site the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre.
 A smaller building on the former Brill platform, once a shelter for passengers waiting for Brill and down trains, was used first as a store then as a shop for a number of years before its current use to house an exhibit on the history of the
Although the BRC's trains are run on the former station sidings, the station still has a working
From 1984 until 1990, the station briefly came back into passenger use, when special Christmas shopping services between Aylesbury and