Location of Alberdi Department within Santiago del Estero Province
|Coordinates (Campo Gallo):|
|• Total||13,507 km2 (5,215 sq mi)|
|• Density||1.2/km2 (3.0/sq mi)|
Alberdi Department is a department of
The department was created by provincial law No. 782, which was adopted on June 27, 1921, which modified the law No. 353 and dividing Copo Department to create Alberdi Department.
Article 2: Alberdi is denominated as the department within the following borders: to the north, the parallel of Santo Domingo of latitude 26º13’25’’, the dividing line with Copo Department; to the east, the meridian 61º43’21’’ West of Greenwich, the dividing line with the Chaco Territory; to the south, the current border of Copo Department which separates it from Moreno Department; and to the west, the Salado River which separates it from Pellegrini and Jiménez Departments, with an area of 13,140 square kilometers.