|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1745.|
1745 (MDCCXLV)was a common year starting on Friday of the Gregorian calendar and a common year starting on Tuesday of the Julian calendar, the 1745th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 745th year of the 2nd millennium, the 45th year of the 18th century, and the 6th year of the 1740s decade. As of the start of 1745, the Gregorian calendar was 11 days ahead of the Julian calendar, which remained in localized use until 1923.
- July 9 – War of the Austrian Succession – Battle of Melle: The French are victorious in an engagement against the Pragmatic Allies.
- July 26 – The first recorded women's cricket match takes place in Surrey, England.
- August 19 – The Jacobite rising of 1745 begins at Glenfinnan, Scotland, where Charles Edward Stuart raises his standard.
- September 1 – Catherine the Great marries Peter III of Russia, in Saint Petersburg.
- September 11 – Jacobite rising of 1745: Jacobites enter Edinburgh; six days later, Charles Edward Stuart proclaims his father James Francis Edward Stuart, as James VIII of Scotland.
- September 12 – Francis I is elected Holy Roman Emperor with the support of his wife, Maria Theresa. He is the successor of Charles VII Albert of Bavaria, an enemy of the House of Habsburg, who died on January 20 of this year.
- September 14 – Madame de Pompadour is officially presented, at the court of Louis XV of France.
- September 16 – Jacobite rising of 1745 – "Canter of Coltbrigg": The British 13th and 14th Dragoons flee the Jacobites, near Edinburgh.
- September 21 – Battle of Prestonpans: British Government forces are defeated by the Jacobites in Scotland.
- December 4 – Jacobite rising of 1745: The Scottish Jacobite army reaches as far south as Derby in England, causing panic in London; two days later it begins to retreat.
- December 18 – Jacobite rising of 1745 – Clifton Moor Skirmish: The Jacobites are victorious, in the last action between two military forces on English soil.
- December 23 – Jacobite rising of 1745 – Battle of Inverurie: The Jacobites are victorious over British royal troops.
- December 25 – The Treaty of Dresden gives Prussia full possession of Silesia.
- December 28 – For 5 days, fire destroys buildings in Istanbul.
беларуская (тарашкевіца): 1745
srpskohrvatski / српскохрватски: 1745