Æthelstan was the first King of the English, reigning from 924 to 939.
Æthelstan, Athelstan, or Athelstane may also refer to:
- Æthelstan Ætheling, heir apparent to Æthelred the Unready
- Æthelstan (bishop of Elmham), 10th-century bishop
- Æthelstan (bishop of Hereford), 11th-century bishop
- Æthelstan Half-King, 10th-century ealdorman
- Æthelstan Mannessune, 10th-century landowner in the Fens
- Æthelstan of Abingdon, 11th-century abbot
- Æthelstan of East Anglia, 9th-century East Anglian monarch
- Æthelstan of Kent, 9th-century Kentish monarch
- Æthelstan of Ramsbury, 10th-century bishop
- Æthelstan of Sussex, 8th-century South Saxon monarch
- Æthelstan Rota, 10th-century ealdorman under King Eadwig and King Edgar
- Guthrum, 9th-century ruler of the Danelaw territories, took the baptismal name "Æthelstan"