From today's featured article
Did you know...
Constantin Cantacuzino around 1820
- ... that when Constantin Cantacuzino (pictured) was made Caimacam of Wallachia, his own son reportedly shouted in protest?
- ... that the Deccan Chargers, winners of the 2009 Indian Premier League, finished last in the league stage in the previous season with just two wins in fourteen matches?
- ... that before becoming a Yad Vashem historian, Shmuel Krakowski worked for Polish communist intelligence and security organizations?
- ... that viewers have watched 1.5 billion minutes of BuzzFeed's Worth It in 2018 alone?
- ... that a letter authored by Ali, the first Shia Imam, to Malik al-Ashtar, governor of Egypt, includes a model for governing based on justice for every place and every time?
- ... that Peter Bielik was nominated for director of the National Memory Institute, despite having blamed Jewish Holocaust survivors for the 1945 Topoľčany pogrom?
- ... that the sea hedgehog hydroid is predated by the nudibranch Zelentia pustulata, which feeds on it and winds egg coils around its branches?
- ... that Lukas Radovich believed his audition for the Home and Away character Ryder Jackson went so badly that he booked a flight to Perth, but was then offered the role?
In the news
On this day