From today's featured article
Bobby Eaton (born August 14, 1958) is a retired American professional wrestler who made his debut in 1976. He worked mainly in tag teams, including The Midnight Express. Under the management of Jim Cornette, Eaton originally teamed with Dennis Condrey and, later on, with Stan Lane. He has also partnered with Koko B. Ware, Steve Keirn, and Steven Regal. Eaton trained under Tojo Yamamoto to become a professional wrestler. He wrestled for long stints with various promotions: Mid-America Wrestling, Continental Wrestling Association, Mid-South Wrestling, World Class Championship Wrestling, Jim Crockett Promotions, World Championship Wrestling, and Smoky Mountain Wrestling. He has also made brief guest appearances for Extreme Championship Wrestling and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, in addition to appearances for a considerable number of independent wrestling promotions. He retired in 2015 after nearly 40 years in the ring. (Full article...)
Did you know...
- ... that during the Cuban Missile Crisis, each of Britain's "V force" squadrons kept one nuclear-armed V bomber (Avro Vulcans pictured) and crew at 15 minutes' readiness?
- ... that Mary Fenton, the first Anglo-Indian actress of the Parsi, Gujarati, and Urdu theatre, was introduced to acting by her husband, Kavasji Palanji Khatau?
- ... that Helleria brevicornis is the only terrestrial woodlouse that has retained the ancestral aquatic isopod behaviour of mate guarding?
- ... that American video game producer Ben Judd is fluent in the Japanese Kansai dialect?
- ... that Loggerheads Country Park has a corn mill with a restored water wheel?
- ... that the South African composer Stefans Grové wrote a setting of Psalm 138 for choir, children's choir, African drums, marimba, and string orchestra?
- ... that the deposed Byzantine emperor Maurice was forced to watch his six sons executed before he was beheaded himself?
- ... that Atlantis moved from Ireland to Colombia?
In the news
Artist's impression of the Parker Solar Probe
On this day