From today's featured article
Did you know...
- ... that Robert and Kathleen Ridder helped the Gophers get the first ice rink for women (pictured) in college hockey?
- ... that Panzer Aces, a book series about World War II widely read in the US, was described as portraying "an almost heroic version of the German soldier, guiltless of any war crimes"?
- ... that the live concerts of the rock band Sumika feature performances by non-musicians such as painters, sculptors, architects, potters, and poets?
- ... that Ahmadou Ahidjo was the first president of Cameroon following its independence?
- ... that Edgecliff, an Illinois estate completed in 1930, had the highest residential property tax in Cook County in 2014 and 2015?
- ... that Yang Kuo-shu, who earned the first PhD in psychology in Taiwan, founded indigenous Chinese psychology and studied such phenomena as yuanfen, guanxi, and face?
- ... that Adrien Agreste's superhero identity, Cat Noir, is a tribute to the comic book character Catwoman?
- ... that in 1794, a silver statue of the Virgin Mary from the chapel at Notre-Dame de la Garde was melted down at the mint of Marseille located on Rue du Tapis-Vert?
In the news
On this day