From today's featured article
Did you know...
- ... that the flag of the Romani people (pictured) was a triband, before the red stripe was removed over suspicions that it stood for communism?
- ... that Sir Cusack Patrick Roney was knighted for his role as secretary to the Great Industrial Exhibition of 1853?
- ... that penis worms very similar to Priapulus caudatus created trace fossils in the early Cambrian period?
- ... that minutes after a world record was set for Super Mario World, SethBling completed a faster run, validating a technique used previously only on an emulator?
- ... that Narmakosh, compiled by Narmad, is the first monolingual dictionary of the Gujarati language?
- ... that video artist Joan Braderman superimposed herself onto scenes from the television series Dynasty to critique the characters, plots, and themes?
- ... that if the Green Bay Packers team, with an estimated value of $2.55 billion, was ever sold, all the profits would go to its charitable foundation rather than its shareholders?
- ... that opera singer Catherine-Nicole Lemaure was imprisoned overnight for refusing to perform?
In the news
On this day